Just like you, your jewelry needs a little pampering and TLC too. To care and clean your Kryzia Kreations Jewelry, please refer to the jewelry care card that is enclosed with each purchase. You may also refer to the tips below, and read the corresponding blog post on giving your jewelry a little TLC.
- Jewelry is meant to be worn, and wearing your jewelry often will also keep it shiny as it tends to polish on clothing and skin contact.
- Remove your jewelry after daily wear, and do not wear it to bed as it can get caught or break by catching on bedding or clothing.
- Do not wear your jewelry when using chemicals of any kind, or when swimming in a pool or a hot tub. Pools and hot tubs contain chemicals, especially chlorine, which can discolor precious metals and often cause irreversible damage to gemstones and pearls.
- Sterling silver, and even gold, will naturally tarnish and develop a patina over time with exposure to oxygen and humidity. These patinas can actually make your jewelry look quite beautiful. However, if you want to keep your jewelry looking like new, hand polish it every so often with a soft jeweler’s polishing cloth which are made for cleaning jewelry gently.
- Every so often inspect your gemstones and settings to see if anything seems loose or chipped. If so, stop wearing it and take it to a jeweler before it's too late.
- To prevent jewelry from tarnishing, store it in a jewelry box or an airtight plastic Ziploc bag. Both will keep your jewelry clean and keep humidity out. Keep in mind, humidity helps tarnish jewelry faster.
- If your jewelry is severely tarnished and needs a major cleaning , I find that using plain white toothpaste works well. Take an old soft toothbrush and some white toothpaste and gently rub the paste over the jewelry. The tarnish will slowly lift off the piece and restore its luster. e tarnish will slowly lift off the piece and restore its luster. Rinse it under lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft cloth. Allow it to completely air dry before you store it.